Physical Therapy for Auto Accident Victims
Unfortunately, studies show that most of us will be in an auto accident at some point in our lives. The only question remaining is how bad will it be?
Important things to remember:
- Seek treatment as soon as possible.
- If you are seriously hurt, go to the ER or local hospital. Be sure to ask for a physical therapy prescription, just in case you may need it.
- Don’t have a doctor? We have a team of doctors who can see you and refer you to physical therapy at no out of pocket expense to you. Call us.
- If you are still experiencing pain or discomfort after a few days, please come to our office to determine what further care you may need.
- It’s important to come in to the office as soon as possible in order to heal as fast as possible.
- Your Auto Insurance policy carries PIP, personal injury protection, which will cover your accident related medical expenses.
- At the accident scene, gather as much information on the other driver or drivers as possible. Must have police report
- You should never settle with an insurance company before you have had us evaluate your injury for you. If you settle before your injury is fully resolved, you will be completely on your own and will have to pay out of pocket for your care.
- Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult after an auto accident. Hiring a reputable Attorney essentially takes you out of the direct bargaining process with the insurance company and all the paperwork and phone calls associated with that process, and allows you to concentrate on healing.
- Injuries sustained after a car accident if left untreated can lead to spinal degeneration and a host of other problems for years to come.
FINAL NOTE: We find that many people involved in an at-fault auto accident never get treatment.
This tends to be due to fear that their insurance premium will increase after a claim is filed. Studies have shown that is not the case. Many insurance companies will not raise your rates after one or even two accidents in the same year.
Many insurance companies will not raise your rates after 1 or even 2 accidents in the same year.
THE INJURIES SUSTAINED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT CAN CAUSE A HOST OF PROBLEMS FOR YEARS TO COME, OR EVEN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO COME IN AND GET CHECKED.